Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Uncertain Tomorrows

     I spent the day playing with two of my grandbabies yesterday. Looking at their sweet little faces, hearing their innocent laughter, and watching their imaginative child's play made me smile and cry in my soul at the same time. I smiled at the beauty of them, the next generation continuing on in my family. Small children are the sweetest thing on this earth, their innocence is so soothing to my spirit. When I hear one of them say, "Mima" it just makes my heart burst with happiness. I found myself saddened though, and my soul cried within me when I considered the world they will grow up in, if it lasts that long. I had just finished final preparations for a coming disaster, something I feel inside of my gut with a knowing that I can't explain. This world is too upside down. Right is wrong and wrong is right. People are exalting in their freedom to "do what is right for them, live life to the fullest, follow their own path", the excuses are endless. Few people seem to care about living a life that sets an example of right and wrong for our children. The public glories in the evil done by celebrities, politicians, and leaders. It's deemed okay to commit the most heinous of sins, but it is not okay to talk about Jesus Christ. Christians are scorned, mocked, and shockingly, even beheaded in this time, and nobody blinks. We have a leader who scorns and rejects the very principles our nation was founded on. This is the future my grandchildren have ahead of them, if Christ doesn't return first and we don't take our nation back for the right.
    I think back to my childhood, and the world I grew up in. We were very poor, and times were hard, and I had no way of knowing those were the best of times. I would give up every modern convenience I had just to return this world to the principles I grew up in. I remember being so proud to learn the pledge of allegiance, and I recall the thrill I felt inside at school when I held my hand over my heart, faced the flag, and repeated it as our school principal led us in saluting our flag and our nation. We were taught the Declaration of Independence, and the Preamble to the Constitution. I recall bowing my head at home when my father or mother said the blessing over hard earned food, and the feeling of rightness, and of being loved, as I looked around the table at my sisters. On Sunday, we dressed in second hand clothes we were proud to have, and we worshiped God. Everyone was always glad to see each other, and glad to be in the house of the Lord. We sang old hymns loudly, with a zeal and a belief in Jesus. Almost everybody in my school went to church. I don't remember a single person in my school who didn't believe in God, it was simply unheard of. We were taught that America was "one nation under God" and our founding fathers were God-fearing men, and this was a good thing. At football games and other school functions, a local pastor would always say a prayer before the game started, and everyone respectfully bowed their heads. Shorts and revealing clothes were not allowed, either in school or in church. Children were taught manners, and to respect their elders. Neighborhoods looked out for each other's kids, and whooped any kid misbehaving. This was not looked on as child abuse, but as the correct training for a child. Adults back then understood that the youth of today are the adults of tomorrow, and proper raising of one's children was the only way to prevent lawlessness in the future. Welfare was only for people who needed it, and it was considered short term only. Society was expected to work for their living or go without. People lived by a budget, and you were expected to pay your bills on time, before any nonessential items were purchased.  Voting was taken seriously, as was running for office, even local positions. Children were taught gun safety at an early age, and the first rule was, you never point a gun at another person. My childhood heroes were John Wayne, Marshall Dillon, and Billy Graham. 
     This was the America I grew up in, a hard working, decent, Bible believing country that flew the flag on the proper days, and the Bill of Rights were sacred and protected. I long for those days for my grandchildren, but I sadly realize they are gone, never to return I fear. What then do I do? Do I lay down my beliefs along with my weapons, and give up? Do I allow greedy politicians and evildoers to take over this land my heirs will inherit? God forbid! I am resolved to do what I must to ensure this does not happen. I truly believe we are living in prophesied end times, and that none of us have long left down here. Until that day, until I am called home or raptured away, I will fight. I will fight evil with good, lies with truth, and hate with love. I will spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this dying and sinful world with my last breath. If the need arises, and a call to arms comes to defend these liberties, then gladly will I fight, gladly will I lay down my life for the cause of Freedom. This may be my last post, times are uncertain, and people are killed for less than this. If it is so, let it be, but let my last words be these: 
"Wake up America! Return to the God this nation was founded on! Take back your country for the right, be willing to defend it til death. Spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ far, to every hood, every ghetto, every city corner. Do not be afraid, for our God is greater than any evil power this world contains. Remember the words echoed down through the years from the birth of this great nation, 'Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!' Repent of your evil doings, pray for forgiveness, turn to the only True Answer for the problems we face. Turn your eyes upon Jesus."

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." 
-John 3:16-21 (NASB)

Rachel Scarbrough  
June 2, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment